Friday, July 4, 2008

See You Soon Grandpa















The morning of July 3rd, my grandfather, Roy Drexl passed away. Even as I write this, it is hard for me to realize. I don't know how close most people are to their grandparents, but these grandparents have been a key part of my development and a lot of who I am I owe to them. In other words, I have been extremely close to my grandparents, and especially my grandpa.

He was 88, a wonderfully old age. For 40 years of my life I have had the privilege of his company, wit, knowledge, and friendship. I feel very blessed to have had this much time with him. So while it is a sad moment because I no longer have this dear friend with me, I know he is having a much better time and when I see him again we'll have much to talk about.

No comments: