Sunday, April 6, 2008

Hotness

I'm not sure if I should be proud that my son knows how to think-up and deliver lines like this, or a little disturbed. But after the morning session of conference, Alex cuddled up to Alicia and said, "We should have cookies after lunch and cook them on you because you are so hot."

Yeah. Proud and a little disturbed. Do you think that perhaps my commenting about Alicia's hotness and my feeling that she is the most beautiful woman who has ever lived might be influencing Alex? Hmmm... I don't know if I can stop saying those things, but maybe I might need to change where or when I say them.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Sooo, I don't know you and you don't know me. I really don't know how I even came across your blog. One minute I was looking at my friend's blog and I guess I accidentally clicked on "Next blog" near the top of the page and it brought me to yours ... First of all, I love, love, love your quote about green grass and crap. :) Did you come up with that on your own? Secondly, what a surprise when I saw that you attended the Priesthood session! I too am LDS and am just shocked that this random blog I stumbled across was a fellow saint! :) P.s. I am writing down the crap/green grass quote. Who should I give credit to for saying it? :)

Brett Thelin said...

I did come up with the green grass quote on my own. I have often thought about the saying, "The grass is always greener on the other side." It doesn't seem like the grass could be greener than where I am.

I think that attitude has come through a recognition of perspective. That all the things that make-up my grass, all the experiences and people, are what makes it so great. I also think that the gospel of Jesus Christ has a very thorough advocation that crap, or challenging experiences, helps us to grow. Therefore, without challenging experiences and an appreciation for them, whether good or bad it would be pretty brown.

In this way my tag is a call to others to recognize that their grass is better by virtue of it being their grass, or it could be, if they cared for it properly.